Tuesday, August 20, 2013

The Best of Cleveland - The Cleveland Museum of Art

It's no secret that I love the Cleveland Museum of Art (CMA). Since I was young I have been going there quite frequently. I wish I could go every week!

One reason I go there so much because its FREE. That's right no steep admission prices, although some special exhibits do charge admission but the price is not that high. The past couple of years the museum has undergone huge transformation or face lift and the wait has been worth it.

One can spend days or even weeks at the museum because there is so much to see. Its definitely not the Louvre or Versailles but CMA is sure not too far behind from any of the great art institutions in Europe.

I could not imagine living far away from an institution like the Cleveland Museum of Art. In my opinion its probably one of the best in the country. Even looking across Wade Lagoon the building is a sight that continues to mesmerize me.

Besides having some stunning art on display but the museum itself is definitely a masterpiece. 


































The new atrium is a work of art. This connects the museum all together and acts as a main gathering space. This bright and airy space can now be used for special events such as weddings, gala events, and cocktail receptions.


The Cleveland Museum of Art is open Tuesday through Sunday 10AM-5PM, Wednesday&Fridays until 9PM, closed Mondays. Admission Free except some exhibitions. Visit Clevelandart.org for more information.

No comments: